This year ASSITEJ Iceland celebrates its own 25th anniversary alongside the 50th anniversary of the global association. To mark the occasion ASSITEJ Iceland has launched a brand new website: www.assitej.is including amongst other things a list of its members, and information and photographs from the ASSITEJ Iceland festival.
The third ASSITEJ Iceland festival will take place in Reykjavík on the 21st-25th of April 2015 alongside and in collaboration with the Reykjavík Children’s Culture festival. The festival offers two performances from abroad; Joseph kids by the Italian artist Alessandro Sciarroni and Chaperon Rouge by Cie Divergences from France. Three Icelandic performances, several workshops, staged readings and a storytelling session are amongst other things on offer at the festival.
From 28 to 30 May 2015 the Toneelmakerij organizes and hosts one of the five Theatre Café Festivals in Europe. Following on from Theatre Cafés in York, Oslo and Berlin, the closing event of the Theatre Café Festival will be held in Amsterdam. For writers, translators, directors, dramaturges and other professionals from the field of young people’s theatre and beyond. The Theatre Café Festival is dedicated to spreading high quality repertoire for children and young people throughout Europe. English will be the main language throughout.
See below for a selection from the programme:
- Five stages readings of new European plays – a fresh style in a café setting.
- Q&As with the writers of the pieces being presented, Dutch playwrights and an international audience of theatre professionals.
- First showing: final presentation of four new texts from the European Writers Lab, the international development programme for rising writing talents.
- Three full productions of new Dutch plays with English surtitles.
- Boat cruise along the canals of Amsterdam with a programme focusing on notable Dutch dramatic writing initiatives.
- The grand writers’ supper.