The 2018 ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering will be in Beijing from August 18-24. For the next three years, we will work with the overarching dramaturgy “TOWARDS THE UNKNOWN.”
The specific theme for 2018 will be Imagining the Future.
This year’s magazine will be published in English and Chinese. We will again create a visual magazine that communicates through images and text. Both visuals and text should address the theme: Imagining the Future.
This magazine calls for articles that develop and illustrate dreams for the future, targets, and wishes.
- How would we see the future of TYA if we think big: as artists, directors, actors, pedagogues, dramaturgs, researchers, dancers, musicians, scenographers, producers, video artists?
- How do we see the audience of the future and how would we artistically interact with this audience?
- How do we see old media and the rapidly evolving role of new media in TYA in the future?
- How do we map inclusivity in the future?
- How do we see the role of research in creating quality productions in the future?
- What may quality productions look like in the future?
- What stories will we tell in the future?
- What would global TYA look like in the future, international cooperation?
- be between 500-700 words maximum and sent in Word and PDF (both), Times 12pt font.
- include a title and the name of the author at the top, and a 25 word bio of the author at the end.
be accompanied by high quality photos in separate files from the article, TIFF preferred but JPEG is acceptable, the size of the files should not be less than 5 MB.
- Photos should be credited with name of photographer, company, and play.
- All files should be named by last name of author and country.
- Submissions should be in English (Chinese translations will be provided)
Deadline for submissions is January 5, 2018.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org