The Next Generation Programme at ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2018.
The Next Generation Programme is an ASSITEJ initiative, designed to support artistic and cultural exchange and collaboration between international artists interested in theatre for young audiences aged 36 years or below, at ASSITEJ events. A Residency programme for 30 artists from China and around the world will be held in Beijing over the period of ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2018 from 18-24 August 2018.
The NG programme at ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2018 (AAG2018) will include:
- Theatre for young audiences’ performances from the official performance programme of (AAG2018)
- Master classes and workshop sessions led by recognised artists and industry professionals
- Discussions, seminars and workshops around the theme “Toward the unknown – Imagining the future”.
- Opportunities to engage with and join both the Next Generation Network and ASSITEJ.
ASSITEJ China and China National Theatre for Children will provide:
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- All registration, theatre tickets, seminars, and access to workshops
- Food or per-diems
- Facilitation of the programme in partnership with Next Generation Network
Next Generation participants are expected to fundraise for their own travel to the event.
However, Next Generation applicants who are accepted to the programme may apply for a partial travel grant from ASSITEJ, amounting to up to 500 USD per person. The number of travel grants is limited and dependent on funds raised through Friends of ASSITEJ.
As an inclusive programme, Next Generation welcomes applications from deaf and disabled artists.
- 10 January 2018 – Deadline for applications for the programme
- 10 February 2018 – Announcement of successful applicants
- 1 March 2018 – Deadline for applications for travel grant
- 30 March 2018 – Announcement of successful travel grants
To apply, please go here.