The 2019 ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering will be in Kristiansand from September 2-5, 2019.
The specific theme for 2019 is Towards the Unknown: Confronting the Present
The magazine will be published in English and the original Language of the author. We will again create a visual magazine that communicates through images and text. Both visuals and text should address the theme: Confronting the Present.
This magazine calls for articles that confront the present, with an eye towards the unknown from numerous artistic perspectives:
- How would we confront (re)presentations of childhood as artists, directors, actors, pedagogues, dramaturgs, researchers, producers, arts managers, dancers, musicians, scenographers, video artists?
- How do we see the present audience and how do we wish to see them? Which confrontations or interventions are necessary or implied?
- How do we confront the rapidly evolving role of new media in TYA?
- How do we confront normativity and promote inclusivity in TYA?
- How does TYA confront the present crises affecting children and youth?
- How do we see the role of research in confronting the present?
- What are the untold stories of the present and how do we tell them?
- How is contemporary TYA (re)presented on a global scale?
- be between 500-700 words maximum and sent in Word and PDF (both), Times 12pt font.
- include a title and the name of the author at the top, and a 25 word bio of the author at the end.
- be accompanied by high quality photos in separate files from the article, TIFF preferred but JPEG is acceptable, the size of the files should not be less than 5 MB.
- Photos should be credited with name of photographer, company, and play.
- All files should be named by last name of author and country.
- Submissions should be in English
Deadline for submissions is January 5, 2019.