⏰ October 31st, 2021
ASSITEJ has decided that the ASSITEJ Magazine will be transformed into an online one instead of a printed one. This is an agreement between ASSITEJ and the Bibu festival 2022, the host of the ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2022. It is a fairly new attempt for us, but you may have already experienced it as an example during the last Congress. (ASSITEJ Magazine 2021-online https://magazine.assitejonline.org)
We are aiming to regularly update this online Magazine with new articles, from the launch in November until the opening of the Artistic Gathering in May 2022.
The ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering 2022 will be in Sweden from 17-22 May 2022 with a major focus on sustainability in all its meanings.
For the next three years, we will work with the overarching dramaturgy “Regenerating”, and the specific theme for 2022 is Regenerating: handle with care.
The magazine will be published in English and the original language of the author. We will create an online magazine that communicates through images, films and text. Both visuals and text should address the theme, Regenerating: handle with care.
This magazine calls for articles that envision the dramaturgy from numerous artistic perspectives. Some prompts might be:
- How do we as TYA artists and practitioners contribute to regeneration of the environment and the fabric of society?
- What do you think are the creative ways we could handle our planet with care?
- What is your response to the global demand to challenge traditional ways of creation and move to new forms of artistic work?
- How do we as TYA practitioners co-work with members of social communities to tackle climate change and environmental issues?
- What are the creative ways we could handle with care our own TYA community which has been hugely in trouble since the beginning of the pandemic?
- How would you handle with care children and young people in this time of difficulties as a TYA artist or practitioner?
- What would be ideas that address a sustainable way of international exchange in the performing arts?
- Be between 500-700 words (English) maximum and sent in Word and PDF (both), Times 12pt font.
- Include a title and the name of the author at the top, and a 25-word bio of the author at the end.
- Be accompanied by high quality photos in separate files from the article, TIFF preferred but JPEG is acceptable, the size of the files should not be less than 5 MB.
- The photos should be credited with name of photographer, company, and play.
- All files should be named by last name of author and country.
- Submissions should be in English and the original language of the author
- Or it could be a video film less than 5 min. with English subtitles.
- Or be a collection of photos and texts for a photo-essay style article.
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2021
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The selected articles are planned to be uploaded on the online Magazine every month from January to May 2022.