– Yet another initiative by ASSITEJ Pakistan
After the successful first edition of Tamasha Festival 2017 & 9th ASSITEJ Asia meeting in April ASSITEJ Pakistan has launched Tamasha YESPeace at Lahore Pakistan, an extensive program that aims to empower youth through theater and performing arts, on the key issues of peace, conflict resolution and diversity.
“Youth for Education, Sustainability and Peace” or YESPeace is a project of UNESCO MGIEP. YESPeace. One of the core members of Assitej Pakistan, The Little Art, is also the founding member of Yespeace Pakistan. Tamasha YESPeace workshops by ASSITEJ PAKISTAN consist of a series of workshops which aim to develop skills among youth to understand and analyze; facilitate and lead conflict resolution activities; and engage audiences in their home communities for dialogue on key issues such as peace, gender equality, cross-cultural understanding and diversity using the power of theater and performing arts.
By creating opportunities for young people to share their voices, the program aims to develop skills and attitudes necessary for a lifetime behavior change for civic engagement and peace-building. Interactive theater workshops are a flexible set of games, exercises, and techniques that are used to create dialogue about the key issues.
The objectives of this program are;
- To understand, examine and resolve conflict at various levels of individual self and society.
- To work in collaborative/artistic ensembles; specifically enhancing skills of listening and managing point of views.
- To facilitate youth by having a creative forum where they can explore key issues through theater.
- Facilitate activities for peer-to-peer empowerment for positive social change.
- Develop vocal, physical and imaginative skills to express.
A Program of this series of workshops started on 31st July 2017 and it will lead towards the selection of local participants for the first Next Generation Program during the second edition of Tamasha Festival 2018 in February. As part of the NG program ten International Young Theatre directors or actors will also be invited to participate.