🌍 Berlin, DEU
🗓 3 – 10 May 2019
Ticket sales began on March 8th! Early booking discounts are available until April 10th.
The following productions will show at this year’s festival:
- light! – Dance performance for ages 3 and up – by tout petit (Zonhoven, Belgium)
- LOO – Performance for ages 2 and up – by Ponten Pie (Santa Coloma de Gramanent/Barcelona, Spain)
- Paired – Performance for ages 2 and up – KUDU Productions (Capetown, South Africa)
- KUUKI (»Air«) – interactive dance performance for children aged 0 to 18 months – by JIENKYO -Japan Union of Theatre Companies for Children and Young People & Alicja Morawska-Rubczak/Barbara Małecka (Tokyo, Japan and Opole, Polen)
- Twirl – A musical performance for children aged 1 to 4 and their (grand-)parents by Wervelwind Ensemble & Muziekvoorstelling.nl (Utrecht, Netherlands)
In 2019 we are pleased that we can invite two performances from outside Europe and thereby open exchanges with performers and theatre makers from other continents and share their works with Berlin audiences.
In addition to the international program, we will show three Berlin productions: a guest production by our cooperation partner GRIPS Theater and two of our own productions by Theater o.N.
- Four on the Floor – Ensemble production for ages 2 and up – by GRIPS Theater (Berlin, Germany)
- Future Beats (former working title Rituals) – Performance for 6 months and up – by Theater o.N. & Bernd Sikora (Berlin, Germany)
- YEW:kids – Open-air-performance for ages 3 and up – by Angela Schubot & Jared Gradinger in collaboration with Nature. Commissioned by Theater o.N. for FRATZ International 2019 (Berlin, Germany)
The symposium for field professionals Another World / Eine andere Welt
takes place from 4th to 7th May 2019. We will concentrate on alternative living environments, possible futures and powers of change. What is the relationship between reality and fiction, theater and life/environment? What are our freedoms, our possibilities and our responsibilities regarding future generations?
On May 8th, in cooperation with Augenblick mal! festival for young audiences and GRIPS Theater Berlin, we will host Auf ins Theater (»Off to the theater«)
, a day-long conference for prospective educators and students (in German language only).
From 8th – 10th May, our sound pieces »Tiny Twine« and »Sound Square« will play at the venue Sophiensaelen at Augenblick mal! Festival
. We hope that some of you can combine your attendance at FRATZ with ‘Augenblick mal‘ and use this chance to see these two o.N. productions – and of course enjoy the ’Augenblick mal!‘ comprehensive program as well.