⏰ Deadline: 15 November 2019
The 20th ASSITEJ WORLD CONGRESS and International Theatre Performing Arts Festival for Children and Young People MIRAI Festival, is calling for proposals for fringe productions.
🌏 Tokyo, JPN
🗓 14 – 24 May 2020
There are three fringe categories, only category A is open to international productions.
The festival will:
- cover the venue (conditions will be discussed)
- provide 1 technical staff to the production
- take care of marketing and advertisement for the production (within its budget)
- pay to Artist 70% of tickets sales
- ※Ticket price is 1000 yen / per ticket for adult and child in any ticket values.
- ※Tax amount of 20.42% will be deducted upon payment.
For more detailed criteria, they are looking for productions that:
– don’t use spoken words as a main communication tool
– encourage children to have their self-esteem and to have joy in their lives
– foster a sense of simulation of life, imagination, and creativity of children
– share common interests of today that can be recognised in Japan, Asia and worldwide.
– demonstrate common issues in the world now
– have distinguished quality as performing arts representing various cultures in unique styles