An ASSITEJ member (whether an individual, theatre company, organisation, institution, network or national centre) will:
- Accept and support the constitution of ASSITEJ, and work to further its stated mission, vision, aims and objectives;
- Be aware that ASSITEJ exists to serve and advocate for the entire field of theatre for young audiences, as well as for its members;
- Act upon the decisions made by ASSITEJ, wherever these apply to them;
- Conduct their professional work in a manner that reflects favourably on ASSITEJ, which is in accord with public interest and which abides by the relevant laws in their country;
- Show respect for ASSITEJ fellow members and professional colleagues;
- Clarify the terms of individual and mutual responsibility when entering into partnerships, collaborations or agreements with other ASSITEJ members, or with other practitioners within the field of theatre, and keep to these agreements;
- Adhere to the highest standards of honesty, fairness, integrity and inclusivity in all dealings with, for, and on behalf of ASSITEJ;
- Uphold the articles of the United Nations Conventions on Human Rights and the Rights of Children, and protect and promote the welfare of children and young people in their professional work;
- Not intentionally harm the reputation of ASSITEJ, or any member of ASSITEJ, nor of any professional person within the field of young audiences;
- Not express personal opinions in the name of ASSITEJ, where these conflict with the core values of ASSITEJ.
We recommend that all ASSITEJ members follow these guidelines in the interests of good professional practice, and in order to strengthen the core values of the association.